Thursday, August 25, 2011

India Has My Heart

Love these People...
I could kill blogger. It is such a pain to freaking post photos. haha but I got few up for your viewing pleasure!!! This is me and Kim2 at Construction. We were mixing paint to paint some bathrooms..it felt so awesome..and then it started eating away at our skin. It was pretty exciting there for a minute!! So here we are painting like painters, and sweating like sweaters.
Awe..tell me that isnt precious!!! This is on our education day. We help tutor the kids in English. It is just plain adorable.
BUJJI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am sponsoring her!!! I just got the email back from the sponsorship director and it is settled!! YAHOO! What an incredible girl. Seriously, the most beautiful, kind person I have ever met. She is like the mother of her family. All of the girls will be playing, and she will be hanging up clothes to dry, taking care of everyone. Such a great example to everyone she is around.
Here are what some incredible friends helped donate for Rising Star! We cant just give the kids presents, they have to earn them at the Star Store. We are trying to teach them to earn things and be self sufficient, instead of begging for things..because that is what they are taught to do at birth.
I leave tomorrow, and none of us want to. India will always have a piece of my heart...the feelings we have had here are something we cant explain. The group I have been with are some of the most amazing people I have ever met. I feel like I have known them my entire life. Thank you Rising Star for changing our lives.

4 comments:

  1. Kephy so glad you got to go to India! I know it will kill you to leave! What beautiful people you have met. They will always be a part of your life and your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Sis! We miss you so much! But are so happy you got to have this experience shape your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing experience!! I can't wait to hear more! We miss you.
    Love,
    Chelli

    ReplyDelete
  4. random: a lady from my stake started rising star... lol. looks like you had a blast!! :)

    ReplyDelete