Monday, August 22, 2011

Medical

When we arrived at the Colony we were waiting for the other medical bus, and as we sat there this man started praying. "Father, Father, Father, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you" It was such an incredible moment for all of us..seeing how this man in our eyes does not have much..yet his capacity to love is so huge. I have found this in most of the people of India. We were all talking about how we just can not explain anything..you just have to experience it for yourself. These are moments I will cherish for the rest of my life...
I had the opportunity to put oil on their legs, and sores. {I also had to cut their toe nails...hehe} It is so painful for them, but you can just see how grateful they are for all that we are doing for them. There is such a stigma when it comes to leprosy...and as we have been here they have challenged us to not call them "lepers" But the "leprosy afflicted". We are trying to break all the negative thoughts that surround these wonderful people.

Today I am on medical again! I am so excited, these are by FAR my most favorite days, because of all the beautiful people we get to help.
Here is another video of little Elle!! Ahhh I miss her.
*side note: College starts today, and I missing the first week... :| Not the best feeling in the world..hopefully it will be okay though!!

1 comment:

  1. Kephy this really moved me. You are right, I don't understand or comprehend, but I can feel the love younhave fornthese people and I am so happy for you and them!

    ReplyDelete