Sunday, August 14, 2011

Arranged Marriage

NEON lights on our plane...they were normal in Brussels...and BOOM they changed when we got to India. Awesome.
I learned more on my plane from Chicago to Brussels than I ever wanted to know. I sat next to an Indian man..Which was great because I followed him to our gate to get to Chennai. Anywho, he asked me what I was doing in Chennai and I told him, then I asked him what he was doing. "I am going to go pick up my wife!!" Naturally I got so excited! She just got her visa, and she is coming to America! He lives in Kansas. He then told me their story of how their parents arranged for them to be married. He has seen her 4 times, this will be his 5th. He told me that they had to go to astrological people to find the date of their wedding, when the stars would align and what not, and he was like it just happened to fall on her menstrual cycle. {TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!} It was pretty funny because he kept asking me "Do you have any tips for me about women?" haha He was saying how they have to learn to love each other after they are married, along with just the silly things like getting to know you. SO crazy. He was also like a bird, I swear. He would like eat and then spit it in to a napkin. so weird. haha I would put my headphones on, and he would keep talking. It was hilarious. That is all I can currently think of...slash...I am now at the rising star Elephant house!! It is just pure greatness! And let me tell you all..I am sweating like a sweater. man. life is goooooood!

2 comments:

  1. KEPHY!!!! I am loving these blog posts - keep writing! I was thinking about you all weekend, and I'm so glad that you made it safely. I already miss you so so so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! That guy doesn't understand TMI, that is the advice you should have given him. It really always is an adventure with the Bernhisels!

    ReplyDelete